A single drive, single treadle spinning wheel that completes the Saxony design series from the Kromskis.
The Saxony style of spinning wheel is what most people envision in their mind’s eye. It is the most popular traditional “look” for a wheel and the Kromskis offer you 3 models: the Prelude, the Symphony and now the Interlude.
The Interlude offers the modern spinner maximum spinning options for all types of fibers and yarns. The 22″ diameter wheel allows a wide range of ratios and smooth treadling while remaining easy to transport. The Interlude is the wheel to take for your guild meetings, demonstrations, retreats, reenactments, and more.
Single drive, single treadle, easy assembly, the Interlude has everything, whether you are a novice or have years of spinning under your belt.
• wheel diameter – 22″
• orifice height – 26″; size – 3/8″
•bobbins: 3 included; will fit all other Kromski wheels; Kromski regular bobbins have yarn capacity that is 50% greater than many other popular wheel bobbins in this class of wheel – a plus for any spinner
• also includes threading hook, attached 3 bobbin Lazy Kate, bottle of spinning wheel oil
• standard ratios – 7, 13.5, and 15.5 to 1
• with faster flyer ratios – 13.3, 17.5 and 20:1
• with jumbo flyer ratios – 5.5, 8.3, and 11:1
• bearings on wheel shaft; leather bearings on flyer
• weight – 11 lbs.
• elastic drive band for easy adjusting and treadling
This wheel comes boxed as a kit but goes together quickly. It is available unfinished or with a factory clear, walnut or mahogany finish.