The “Anything but Lazy Kate™” has an extensive list of features that spinners will not find anywhere else.
First, it employs the tilt-back design for using gravity to provide a certain amount of tension on the bobbins. What makes the tilt-back design unique is that it has infinite adjustability of the tilt angle. The user can adjust it from zero to 45 degrees and everywhere in between. This is accomplished by means of a custom designed lid bracket that is controlled by an adjustable knob.
Second, it also uses a tensioning post design. Each bobbin has it own adjustable yarn guide with a 1″ diameter wire-form which is perfect for art yarns. This means that each bobbin can be independently tensioned by means of the adjustable tension guide. But wait, there’s more!
Third, it also has a standard tension cord system. The tensioning cord is controlled by a peg. The cord runs around the bobbins and provides even tension on all three bobbins simultaneously.
That’s three forms of tensioning and yarn control in one kate! Unheard of, until now!
- Dovetailed hardwood box stores all of the guides, rods, peg, and knobs inside.
- Built in carry handle.
- Knob that adjusts the tilt mechanism also locks the box lid down so that everything remains intact when you carry it.
- Holds three 5″+ diameter bobbins at the same time. In fact, there is 6″ between each bobbin rod so NKK provided extra room for those overloaded bobbins. The rods are 8″ tall so the unit can fit any bobbin and even 7″ cones!
- Has 4 knobs included, and all are the same size and are interchangeable.
- The three 8″ tall stainless steel rods (3/16″ diameter) are packaged in a DP Needle tube. The rods can also be used with their unique drinking straw transfer and storage system for drop spindle users.
- Measures 13.5″ wide by 6.5″ deep x 2.75″ tall.
This kate does so many things,which is why NKK named it the Anything but Lazy Kate – because if you use it to its full extent, it will not have time to be lazy!