DVD – Gentle Art of Plying, Judith MacKenzie.
Plying is not an afterthought. It’s your gateway into the vast world of yarn design. Informed and skillful plying can make all the difference between “just another yarn” and “just the yarn you want.” In this engaging video, master spinner Judith MacKenzie presents not just the basics-how to hold your hands, where to put your kate-but an extensive adventure into the endless possibilities.
– How to make your equipment work for you, from yarn storage devices to pulley choices to optimum tensioning
– Different classes of yarn structure and how they affect the textiles you make from them
– How to best organize your hands (the best tools of all!)
– How to avoid errors-and how to correct them when you need to
– How plying “errors” evolve into fascinating art yarns
– How to use your wheel to customize and enhance commercial yarns
– And several dozen additional intriguing side trips that will spur your creativity and make you a better spinner.
And you’ll have fun learning!
About the Author:
Judith MacKenzie has been spinning and weaving most of her life. Her traditional training has been expanded with world travel, deep research, and industry consultation. She writes and teaches extensively and is author of The Intentional Spinner (Interweave, 2009).
ISBN: 9781596683594. 2 disk set. Disc 1 – 58 Minutes, Disc 2 – 47 Minutes. $34.95 #239321