The ultimate portable lazy kate! The Jumbo Lazy Kate fully assembles in less than a minute. Will accept jumbo bobbins, up to 6″ in diameter!
It has just 6 parts plus a carrying sack. There are no tools required to assemble it. The user screws the center dowel into the base by hand. They then insert the 3 steel bobbin rods. Then, they slip either 2 or 3 bobbins onto the rods and insert the tensioning dowel into the base. Lastly, they wrap the cord around the bobbins and then pull their yarn through the center dowel’s yarn loop. That’s it!
The kate sits flat on the floor which provides a very low center of gravity. It simply will not tip over. Nor will it move around during use (it has 4 sturdy clear plastic feet).
The Jumbo Lazy Kate allows spinners to take a fully functional lazy kate with them no matter where they go. Best of all, the Jumbo Lazy Kate has a fully adjustable tensioning system just like the larger lazy kates.
Parts list for the Jumbo Lazy Kate includes:
- 7″ x 7″ x 3/4″ thick Maple hardwood base with 4 clear vinyl feet
- New, improved center dowel with sturdy stainless steel yarn loop – you can remove the yarn from the loop during plying, without having to break your yarn!
- Tensioning dowel with cord and rubber band
- 3 – 8″ x 3/16″ tool grade steel bobbin rods
- Sturdy zippered denim carry sack with a handle
Made in the USA.