Measure the number of times that your yarn wraps around the tool up to the 1 inch mark. Count the wraps and that is the WPI. Then check the chart on our WPI Knit-Kard (included), and that will tell you what weight your yarn is.
Our WPI Tool:
- Is made from birch hardwood which has an oil stain finish applied
- Measures 5″ in length x 5/16″ diameter (Yarn Guide knob measures 5/8″)
- All markings are laser etched into the wood and will not wear off.
- There are markings for up to 3 inches which allows you to calculate a more accurate average WPI on certain hairy yarns.
- There are also 1/2 inch marks.
- A special yarn guide knob is used to hold your yarn in place while measuring the WPI.
- A special WPI Knit-Kard™ comes bundled with the tool in a ziplock bag. The Kard tells the user how to use the tool and provides a useful WPI chart for 6 different weights of yarn.