The Minstrel spinning wheel from the Kromskis of Poland sets new standards for castle style wheels. It features a wide, steady base for the double treadle operation and the wheel, which is larger than many upright wheels – 18″ – is easy to mount on the two support posts. The third post will mount an optional distaff.
Larger than the Kromski Mazurka, the Minstrel has stronger, bolder lines and a larger base to accommodate the larger wheel diameter and the double treadles. It is a double drive wheel but comes standard with Scotch tension set-up if you prefer the single drive feel. A threading hook and extra whorl are conveniently stored up front for easy access.
The Minstrel is made of European alder and birch. Easy to assemble.
• wheel diameter – 18″
• orifice height – 33″; size – 3/8″
• bobbin size – full 4 oz.; 3 included –
• also includes threading hook, attached Lazy Kate and bottle of spinning wheel oil
• Ratios: 6.5, 8.5, 12 and 16 to 1; 2 whorls included
• bearings on wheel crank and bobbins; leather bearings on flyer
• weight – 13 lbs.