Thoroughly modern in every aspect, but the concept and design are obviously Kromski, The Fantasia Spinning wheel is a great wheel.
What is not obvious is a new-style single drive flyer design. The whorl is “changeable” for different speeds; to change bobbins, the front of the flyer simply pulls off – no drive band to deal with. Very fast bobbin change. The flyer also has sliding hooks. And both the flyer and the wheel spin on sealed ball bearings for a truly smooth feel. Optional Jumbo Flyer also available.
The Fantasia Spinning Wheel is made of European alder and available in several wood and color combinations.
• wheel diameter – 18″; double treadle
• orifice height – 28″; size – 3/8″
• 3 bobbins; will fit all other Kromski wheels
• single drive with Scotch tension with interchangeable whorls; flyer has sliding hooks
• also includes threading hook, attached Lazy Kate and needlenose bottle of spinning wheel oil; uses an elastic drive band
• Ratios: 5 and 8 to 1. Additional whorls – 10 and 14:1, 18 and 20:1; whorls exchange very easily
• ball bearings on wheel axle and flyer
• wheel part is MDF or veneer MDF; available finished or unfinished
• weight – 13.5 lbs.
The Fantasia Spinning Wheel is available in the following configurations:
- Unfinished wood and MDF wheel – ready for you to finish as you like. Please note: the wheel accent is stained walnut.
- Finished wood and veneer MDF wheel – walnut with clear wheel accent or clear with walnut wheel accent.