The Sonata spinning wheel, from the Kromskis of Poland, is a marriage between the classic architecture and design concepts shared with all other Kromski wheels, and the functional needs of a wheel that folds. You get both!
It is a full-size spinning wheel that folds and packs away as a small package, making it perfect for traveling, guild and festival gatherings, or simply storage when not in use. A custom-made, heavily padded bag offers you a convenient way to pack-up your Sonata for travel or storage.
The Kromskis have put a lot of thought into the Sonata. Full-size yet with small dimensions when folded, easy to set-up and take down, solid feel, solid footprint, plenty of foot room, easy treadling on double treadles, orifice at a comfortable height, and classic looks. Spokes that draw your attention – every piece of wood with cuts, curves and character; this is an appealing spinning wheel that is a pleasure to use.
Specifications for the Sonata Spinning Wheel:
• wheel diameter – 19″
• folded dimensions: 22″ by 19″
• orifice height – 30″, but can be raised as much as 2″; size – 3/8″
• bobbin size – full 4 oz.; 3 included; will fit all other Kromski wheels
• single drive with Scotch tension
• also includes threading hook, attached Lazy Kate and bottle of spinning wheel oil; uses an elastic drive band
• Ratios: 6.7, 12.5, 14 to 1;
• ball bearings on wheel crank; flyer bearings are PETP TX, a modern, high strength material with excellent wear resistance, stability and excellent coefficient of friction in part because it incorporates a uniformly dispersed solid lubricant.
• weight – 11.5 lbs.
Prices include wheel AND carry bag – what a great deal!
Optional accessories: Faster Flyer, Jumbo Flyer, Matching Spinning Stool.
There are no reviews yet.